Sunday, September 9, 2012

True Words for Artists

I found this to be the most realistic look at what creative people like me go through, or have gone through all their lives. My studio is filled with pieces that didn't quite 'do it' for me and which will never see the light of day in a gallery or shop. Likewise, several boxes of labor intensive bits and pieces of intricately beaded pieces, made during long hours of supposed creativity and which have not made the grade, lurk everywhere.
Mocking.

In my infinite optimism, I keep these reminders of past failures in the hope that they will someday, magically inspire me to integrate them into masterpieces!

Scoff if you will, but still I don't send them screaming into the waste bin..... hope springs eternal in the hearts of artists!

 

On another note, according to my Each Day Blogger Lessons, today I am supposed to find a forum to join. I am dizzy from surfing for one I can relate to and have found nothing.
Any ideas, artists?

No comments: